Memorial Challenge Coins.
In 2013, the New Mexico Fire and Police Pipes and Drums was founded. We wanted to continue the tradition of recognizing and honoring those who have given the ultimate sacrifice. For these men and women who have given all in the service of others, we developed our own challenge coins as a symbol of pride, respect and honor. 50 coins were specially made and numbered from 1-50. These coins are presented to the surviving family of a fallen member of public safety to honor
both them and their family for their service..
Below is the list of those who will never be forgotten.
Coin Number Name Agency End of Watch
1. Captain Token Adams USFS 9/6/13
2. Sergeant Robert Baron Sandoval County Sheriff's Office 9/3/13
3. Corporal Mylessa Denny De Baca County Sheriff's Office 7/16/14
4. James "Jamie" Butler Care Flight 5 Santa Fe 7/17/14
5. David Cavigneaux Care Flight 5 Santa Fe 7/17/14
6. Rebecca Serkey Care Flight 5 Santa Fe 7/17/14
7. Deputy Shannon Key Bernaillo County Sheriff's Office In Honor
8. Lt. Johnny Walker Bernaillo County Fire Department In Honor
9. Officer Jermy Hasse Rio Rancho Police Department 10/27/14
10. Deputy Jermy Martin Santa Fe County Sheriff's Department 10/28/14